Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 8

Chest and Back & Ab Ripper X - Week 2 begins! Last time I did this chest and back workout I ended with a horrible headache and as a result, I skipped the Ab workout. This time, instead of doing the Decline Push Ups, which I knew were a partial cause of my headache last time, I did an extra set of regular push ups. I ended without severe pain in my head, so I went ahead with the ab workout. In the Chest and Back workout, in all exercises, I was able to match what I did last time and in many cases, I exceeded last week's numbers.

The ab workout was tough. It's only 16 minutes long, but there are no breaks. Each exercise is supposed to be done to 25 reps. I did 10-15 on most instead. But I know that less than the max is still better than nothing at all. I will be able to build up my strength and at the end of 90 days I should be able to do all 25 of each exercise.

As for the meal plan, today for the first time I was feeling less enthusiastic about the meal plan. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast instead of the muffin I was supposed to eat. There was one meal that I had not yet tried, so that is for dinner tonight. For lunch I had the chicken burrito which I had only once before. I will have to come up with some new recipes to vary my diet a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment