Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 1 - Day 5

I started P90X 6 days ago, but didn't think about blogging about it until now. I was very excited to start the program and wanted to share my accomplishments, but the only way I could do that online was my facebook status and I figured my friends were getting sick of seeing "day one completed", etc.

So now I will catch you up on my progress so far...

Day 1 - Chest and Back - I was nervous to begin because I was afraid that I would be getting into something over my head. I was pleasantly surprised. It was definitely hard, but the great thing was that everyone in the video was doing 20 or more reps of each move and I was doing 12 at the most, so I had extra rest time in between each move. This extra rest allowed me to push myself and to finish the entire workout. I was very pleased.

Day 2 - Plyometrics X - I was worried about this workout because my legs haven't had much of a workout in quite some time and I wasn't sure they could take a lot of jumping around. However, each move is only 30 seconds! As Tony says "you can do anything for 30 seconds!" That wasn't entirely true - I did have to take a few 5-10 second breaks during some of the harder moves, but I didn't skip any moves. After this workout, I was sore, but again pleased.

Day 3 - Arms and Shoulders - I woke up at 4:40 to do this workout! I was afraid that I would give up just because I was too tired, but the warm up woke me up sufficiently. This workout was harder to keep up with because the guys were doing 8-10 reps and the girls 12-15. I was able to do the same number, so I didn't get much rest. I managed to finish though with pausing the tape just a couple times. After this workout I was all smiles. I had expected to be miserable because of getting up so early, but that was not the case. Unfortunately, when I got up, my cat decided he wanted everyone up, so my fiance was up since about 4:45. It will not be an option to work out so early again.

Day 4 - Yoga X - The brochures warn you that this will not be an easy workout, but I still wasn't prepared for what it was! I need to buy yoga blocks because I'm not yet flexible enough to successfully complete all the moves. This workout was very long and I was pressed for time, so I only did the first hour. There was still another half hour to go. I will make sure to have enough time next week to do the full hour and a half. Still after this workout, I felt good. My body felt fairly limber.

Day 5 - Legs and Back - I had a lot going on this day, so I did not eat dinner until about 8:30 and then tried to start this workout around 9:20. I usually go to bed at 10, so I was not very motivated to do the full hour. I had some problems with the DVD and gave up very early. I still got a few moves in, but did not complete even half the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment